How to use a Dolphin Pool Cleaner

flower-and-poolThe Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaner is the most advanced automatic pool cleaner on the market today, and with its artificial intelligence and advanced features the cleaner has set new standards for pool cleaners.

But does this make the Dolphin Pool Cleaner difficult to use or maintain? On the contrary and this post will explain how to maintain the Dolphin Pool Cleaner.

Maintenance of Dolphin Pool Cleaner

Dolphin Diagnostic Residential Pool cleaning robot

Before removing the Dolphin from the water, switch off the power supply. Pull the cable with a steady motion to the surface. Your Dolphin should be lifted out of the water by the handle – not by the cable. When removing the Dolphin from the water, rest the dolphin on the pools edge for a few seconds to allow the water to drain. When out of the water place the Dolphin on its side, not on its brushes and always rinse the filter bag immediately. Slide back locking plates to release bottom lid. Remove filter bag clips and remove the filter support wires. Empty the debris into a garbage can. Reverse the filter back and hose the filter down or machine wash in synthetic rinse. Always clean the filter bag before leaving it to dry. Remove cover and flaps, hose down, and reassemble. Place the clean filter bag on the support wires, make sure the label is on the outside and is placed centrally along the bottom lid. Put the bottom lid assembly back into the body, slide the locking plates under the wire clips.

Other parts that may need cleaning includes the filter screen and impeller blades. Before removing the impeller cover be sure to that the power supply is in the off position. Untwist the impeller cover, to clean around and under the impeller blades.

Don’t forget to change the diagonal position of the handle before storing the Dolphin Pool Cleaner.

Comments

6 Responses to “How to use a Dolphin Pool Cleaner”
  1. Sherry says:

Good Morning,
    we have used a Dolphin pool cleaner for our 20 X 40 pool for two seasons. We’re pretty disappointed that it continues to get caught on the pool drains and requires us to manually move it off. This means we have to be near the pool durring the 7 hours cleanning process or the cleaner just sits and spins on a drain. Please Help.

2. admin says:

Hi Sherry,

Great question and I understand your frustration. The point with a automatic pool cleaner like the Dolphin Pool Cleaner is that it should be able to work without you watching it.
    I think the best way to prevent the Dolphin from getting stuck on the “main drain”, is to install a main drain cover. You may also try to straighten the cables & lay in sun periodically.
    Please refer to your Dolphin User Manual.

3. Amanda says:

Hi,
    We have a dolphin pool cleaner at our swimming centre and find that we have to clean the filter bag out after every single use! Having to do this each time is becoming very time consuming (and a bit of a yuk job) even more so than when we cleaned the pools manually…
    Is there any option of disposable bags to use, mainly in summer when it is our incredibly busy season and time consuming cleaning duties can prove difficult to maintain???

4. Morten says:

Hi Amanda,
    Sure, you can get disposable filter bags for your Dolphin. I’ve found several dealers, but they only ship in the US. You could try http://www.poolrite.com.au or http://www.maytronics.com/en-gb/distributors/365/ to find a distributor that will ship to your country.
    Good luck :-)

5. Torey says:

I have had a Dolphin pool cleaner for 4 years, it is broken for the second time, and I think I would like to go with another cleaner! The cord stays in a constant mess! I think it is easier to manually vacuum the pool than clean the Dolphin and trying to keep the cord untangled. It weighs a ton and now to get it repaired I have to haul it somewhere and send it off to have looked at! I don’t think it is worth the moneys I paid for it!

6. Mike says:

I don’t think I like the Dolphin Diagnostic pool cleaner. It doesn’t seem to be doing it’s job. I can understand a few leaves being left behind, but the whole pool? I dunno. I am a pool cleaner. Maybe the homeowner or workers aren’t turning it on regularly between visits. I suspect though, that the cleaner isn’t working right. I wish they had a Polaris 280 or similar. Those are my favorite and they seem to work well.